Commonly Asked Questions
Protect Your Home – Protect Your Family
In addition to enhancing the beauty of your home, windows also possess important functional features to consider. The right glass can keep your home cooler while reducing the strain on your air conditioner.
Choose Energy-Vue Plus, exclusively provided by Armorvue Window & Door, and save money!
We are “Clearly Stronger.”
Why should I install impact windows on my home?
Does installing impact windows and doors on my house qualify me for insurance premium discounts?
What is the main difference between a standard glass (single-glazed) and a hurricane-impact window?
Why are impact windows so important to maintaining the structural integrity of the roof of a property?
Do impact windows and doors come in different glass colors?
Yes, impact windows and doors are available in a variety of color and tints.
Can impact windows help improve energy efficiency in my house?
Do impact windows provide UV protection in my house?
Why choose a BBB accredited business?
Why choose an EPA lead-safe certified firm?
What is the Energy Star label?
Energy Star is the trusted, government-backed symbol for energy efficiency, helping us all save money and protect the environment through energy-efficient products and practices.
The Energy Star label was established to:
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions and other pollutants caused by the inefficient use of energy.
- Make it easy for consumers to identify and purchase energy-efficient products that offer savings on energy bills without sacrificing performance, features and comfort.
How should you choose a window and door contractor?
Choosing a contractor can be difficult and confusing. Knowing the right questions to ask will help you select the right contractor for you.
You’d be surprised at how many times homeowners hired the wrong contractor simply because they didn’t ask the right questions.
Below are a few important questions to ask a contractor when you are planning a project:
- Who are the employees who will be installing my windows or doors?
- Are the installers certified by the window manufacturer, and can they provide proof of this?
- Is the installation covered by a warranty – if so, for how long?
- Is the window or door covered by a warranty – if so, for how long?
- Can the contractor provide several customer references, including contact information so I can contact them?
- Does the contractor have general liability coverage – how much, and may I have a copy of it?
- Does the contractor have workers’ compensation coverage – how much, and may I have a copy of it?
- Is the company a member of the Better Business Bureau?
- Have there been any complaints filed against the company with the state?